Monday, December 19, 2005

Every day of fatherhood seems to get more amazing.

Since the day Jessie Rose was born, she’s looked just like Beth to me. I’ve seen a good few pictures of my wife as a child, and so many of them look just like Jessie. This didn’t really surprise me. When Jessie Rose was born with hair like this…

…I knew she wouldn’t have my complexion.
Truth be told, we (and I do mean WE) would all MUCH prefer that my little girl look like Beth. As she’s grown over these last 4(+) months, Jessie gets progressively more elegant and striking. In addition to sharing similar faces, they also share a very similar personality and demeanor. They are both the joy and sunshine of my life.

Last night, while I was editing some pictures to use as Christmas presents I discovered something interesting.




That’s my smile.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw...

Anonymous said...

Very Nice! Mercy is always evident when I see my kid smile.

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Beth. I've never left a comment on our blog before but thought I would this time. I get a bubbly feeling (the good, joyful kind) whenever I see these pictures. How amazing. This is my family, and I am blessed indeed.

Anonymous said...

Pops is proud as punch!

Anonymous said...

Will Norvell, to say your wife and child are the joy and sunshine of your life makes me so proud of who you turned out to be. I've enjoyed your 'blog' and catching up on you. God bless you and family.